Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
Create Your Career With Us!
Facility: South University Hospital
Location: Fargo, ND
Address: 1720 S University Dr, Fargo, ND 58103, USA
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 32.00
• The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with one day off each week. No weekends or holidays.
• LPN will provide support to the 5 podiatrists and will work with the other nurses within the clinic.
• Daily tasks include rooming patients, assisting with documents/workability forms, wound care, clinic procedures, fitting of braces and cam boots, casting and splinting.
• Our providers have 2 nurses working with each of them.
• This position will be a primary nurse for one of our providers. When this provider is not in clinic, the nurse will float and work with our other 4 providers.
• Once orientated to our department, the nurse will then orientate to the Hand and Orthopedic clinics as well.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will participate in the implementation and evaluation of patient care, under the supervision of a registered nurse, advanced practice provider, or physician. The LPN ensures the health, comfort and safety of patients. The LPN documents a thorough medical history from patient. Contributes to the assessment of patients and administers medications or treatments as ordered. The LPN provides technical support to healthcare professionals as needed. Counseling patients and family members, under the direction of a registered nurse, on prevention and treatment plans. The LPN demonstrates competency and practices within the full scope of nursing expertise/knowledge and utilizes appropriate age and population specific standards as designated in their assigned clinical setting.
Graduate from an accredited practical nursing program as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
If position requires IV therapy/management skills, the following is required in North Dakota: graduation from a Board approved AASPN program where IV therapy is part of the curriculum or completion of an IV Therapy course approved by the North Dakota Board of Nursing.
Currently holds an unencumbered Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license with State Nursing board and/or possess multi-state licensure privileges. Obtains and subsequently maintains required department specific competencies and certifications.
Sanford Health offers an attractive benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. Depending on eligibility, a variety of benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, sick leave and paid time off. To review your benefit eligibility, visit https://sanfordhealth.jobs/benefits .
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sanford Health has a Drug Free Workplace Policy. An accepted offer will require a drug screen and pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.
Job Function: Nursing
Req Number: R-47508