Create Your Career With Us!
Sanford Health is one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States. We're proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities to our nearly 50,000 members of the Sanford Family who are dedicated to the work of health and healing across our broad footprint.
Facility: Central Patient Building
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Address: 1305 W 18th St, Sioux Falls, SD 57105, USA
Shift: 8 Hours - Day Shifts
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40.00
Salary Range: $27.50 - $44.00
Screening paps and nons. Assisting with on-site adequacy procedures. Monday thru Friday, no weekends or call.
Prepares slides of human cell samples and prioritizes specimen preparation, following established standards and practices. Processes and examines various specimens under a microscope to determine possible malignant or related abnormal conditions. Ensures the accuracy of specimen analysis in compliance with established quality assurance policies and procedures. Reports laboratory results, using current cytotechnology terminology, according to institutional protocols and principles. Maintain effective laboratory operations by adhering to standards of specimen collection, preparation, or laboratory safety. Utilizes a microscope to examine specimens collected from the human body to identify abnormal cells and other conditions. Demonstrate skill in use of equipment relative to position. Recognizes and minimize safety risks and complies with all safety practices and protocols.
Must meet one of the following qualifications:
(1) Graduated from an Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) accredited school of cytotechnology or other organization by health and Human Services (HHS); or
(2) Certified in cytotechnology by a certification agency approved by HHS (e.g. American Society of Clinical Pathology); or
(3) Before September 1, 1992, have successfully completed two years in an accredited institution (12 semester hours in science, eight of which are in biology) and have 12 months training in an approved school of cytotechnology; or have received six months formal training in an approved school and six months’ full-time experience; or
(4) Before September 1, 1992, have achieved a satisfactory grade in an HHS proficiency test for cytotechnologists; or
(5) Before September 1, 1994, have two years’ full-time experience or equivalent within the preceding five years examining slides under the supervision of a physician certified in pathology and before January 1, 1969, be a high school graduate from six months cytotechnology training in a laboratory directed by a physician and completed two years fulltime supervised experience in cytotechnology before January 1, 1969; or
(6) On or before September 1, 1994, have two years’ full-time experience or equivalent within preceding five years in the United States (US) and on or before September 1, 1995, have either graduated from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAHEA) approved school to be certified as a cytotechnologist.
Must hold or be eligible for certification as a Cytotechnologist from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Registry. If incumbent is not certified upon hire, the incumbent must complete the certification process within one year of hire. Cytotechnologists certified after January 2004 are required to produce all documentation related to fulfilling the requirements of ASCP's Certification Maintenance Program (CMP).
Sanford Health offers an attractive benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. Depending on eligibility, a variety of benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, and a generous time off package to maintain a healthy home-work balance. For more information about Total Rewards, visit https://sanfordcareers.com/benefits .
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
Sanford Health has a Drug Free Workplace Policy. An accepted offer will require a drug screen and pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.
Req Number: R-0128956
Job Function: Allied Health